2018 was a year of growth and adaptations. It’s been the 5th year of an amazing ride for Think Dirty. As an annual tradition, on the eve of new year, I would love to reflect on many of the memorable moments. Here are a few fun facts and highlights for 2018.
21,567,855 unique scans
Top 10 Most Liked Verified Products
- Rejuva Minerals Water Resistant Mega Lash — Lengthening & Thickening Mascara
- Davids Natural Toothpaste
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company Tea Tree Deodorant
- 100% Pure Ultra Lengthening Mascara Black Tea
- Buckaroo Organics Soapberry Suds Organic Laundry Detergent
- Primally Pure Lemongrass Deodorant
- Tropic Smoothing Cleanser Complexion Purifier
- ZAO Organic Makeup Volume Mascara Cocoa
- Kosmatology Lemongrass Foaming Facial Wash for Acne Prone Skin
- Living Nature Mascara Thickening Jet Black
Top 10 Liked Verified Brands
- 100% Pure
- Seventh Generation
- Tropic Skincare
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company
- Rejuva Minerals
- Erin’s Faces
- Living Nature
- Innersense Organic Beauty
- Jusu Body
- SXSW Wellness
This year I was invited to be on the Women of Clean Beauty Panel moderated by Teresa Lo of @biossance — featuring Nneka of @environmentalworkinggroup and Paige Padgett (@paigepadgett) THE author of Green Beauty Rules book.
SXSW has a special place in my heart because I launched Think Dirty in SXSW Eco 2013 as an exhibitor (at that time our app has been launched only for 1 month). Being able to be back as a panellist at SXSW Wellness meant a world to me.
2. Got invited to film an episode on Dragon’s Den!
3. We got a mention on Bloomberg!
My favourite bit is that reporter admires our empty Bathroom Shelf Screen and said this:
“We don’t care what the label looks like or what your brand is called,” says Lily Tse, the founder of Toronto-based Think Dirty. “We just care about the ingredients list.” Her company’s home screen asks: “Is your bathroom Kardashian-filthy?” a jab at products recommended by the Instagram-happy TV clan. (A Jenner representative didn’t respond to a request for comment.
Occasionally we get the odd non-beauty item submitted to our database. Guess some users missed the memo! Here are our 10 strangest submissions thus far.
- Wine: 114 submissions
- Cereals: 175 submissions
- Coke Zero: 30 submissions
- Cigarettes 179 submissions
- Wine: 114 submissions
- Dog Treats: 18 submissions
- Book: 101 submissions
- Advil: 17 submissions
… including US, Canada, France, UK, Netherlands, Russia, Hong Kong, Australia, China, Brazil, Peru, South Africa, UAE across 5 continents!
Also this year we got our first orders from Colombia and Iceland! Those are places we would love to go some day to meet our fans.
Thanks to all our partners, supporters, users for such an amazing journey. On behalf of Think Dirty Team, I wish you all a wonderful year ahead in 2018!
Originally published at medium.com on December 31, 2018.