Brand: Elate Cosmetics
Melodie’s 3 Rituals:
1. Saying no, and letting go of the things that do not serve me. I am very much a people pleaser, and I show myself the most love, when I can say no to the things I don’t want or need in my life.
2. Eating well, and being in nature. My body, mind and spirit are always at their best when I put in good fuel, and get fresh air and exercise. I love myself enough to do this everyday. (almost…I’m not striving for perfection, sometimes soul nourishment requires chocolate).
3. Self date night. I instituted this practice when I first started my business, and my partner was away for his job. (He is in the Navy) I noticed that the only times I left the house were for work events, and otherwise spent my time with my toddler (don’t get me wrong, I love her) I needed a way to take time for me, out of the house, while also doing things I enjoyed. Even though my partner is home full time now, I still take myself out on ‘self dates’. I go to the movies, I take myself to the opera or ballet, I have a nice dinner, or sometimes I just walk by the ocean, and daydream. I romance myself, I woo my own soul, and reconnect with the things that I really care about, by having moments to myself with my own thoughts.
Brand: Erin’s Faces
Erin’s 3 Rituals:
1. Sleep – making time for it.
2. Warm showers with body scrubs and lotions and potions after.
3. Making space for my family (which is my husband and my dog!). I don’t always get to see my husband a lot with my work and traveling so I try to enjoy evenings spent snuggling on the couch, watching a movie with him and our pooch, Jasper instead of running around town.
Brand: Innersense Beauty
Greg & Joanne’s 3 Rituals:
1. Work Out.
3. Stop Breathe and think of all I’m thankful for. 3 times a day.
Janis’s 3 Rituals:
1. With our fast-paced world, it is easy to forget that alone time is so important. I make it a necessity to Unplug, take a break from social media and sit quietly. Think about how blessed I am and remind myself not to take life for granted.
2. As a mom of two girls, I am constantly on the go with their busy schedules. Between school, homework and after school activities I feel I can go from sun up to sundown caring for their needs. Once a week, a try to take time for myself and unwind. I like to do this by taking a hot, quiet bath and pampering myself with Kosmatology’s Mint Your Feet foot scrub and balm.
3. Lastly, before going to sleep each night I like to get in bed with a good book and a warm cup of tea. Even if I only read for 15 minutes, I feel it relaxes me, clears my mind and gets me ready for a good night’s sleep.
Brand: La Mav
Tarj’s 3 Rituals:
1. Facial massage – this is my nightly ritual for stimulating blood and oxygen flow, relaxing facial muscles, assisting the penetration of my skincare regime into the skin and preparing for sleep. After cleansing and toning, I use the La Mav Nightly Repair Nectars – just 2-3 drops massaged into freshly cleansed skin provides hydration, smoothing and anti-ageing benefits. And you wake up glowing!
2. Yoga – my must-have for lengthening taut muscles, relaxing from the pressures of work and releasing the kinks in my neck and shoulders from long days in product development or business management. Yoga re-aligns my posture, brings my attention to any problem areas in my body, calms my mind and heightens my self-awareness. The meditative component of yoga is as important as the physical for me – mindfulness, stillness and letting go are the ideal antidote to the challenges of building an international brand.
3. Sleep – no matter what’s going on at work, I prioritise sleep. And I sleep well. Any lingering concerns or unresolved issues at work get left outside the bedroom door, so that as soon as my head hits the pillow I’m in a deep, restful sleep. A consistent nighttime routine helps – as does a spritz of La Mav Rose Hydrating Mist to rehydrate and relax before bed.
Brand: Rejuva Minerals
Brenda’s 3 Rituals:
1. Eating chocolate daily (organic of course)!
2.Reading a book on my porch on a warm sunny day.
3.Treating myself to a romantic Hallmark movie.
Come back next week, as we will be featuring brands David’s Natural Toothpaste, Niucoco, Living Nature Store, Born Skincare, Salud Shoppe, Virginia Stone, Biossance, Vita Liberata, Aiona Alive and Zao!